Sunday 7 March 2010

Been a while

Apologies, not been blogging for a couple of weeks, but have had a busy time of things lately.

First,  I am now qualified as a reiki practitioner,  1st degree,  did the first part of my course last weekend.  It is something I've wanted to do for ages, but all the courses I had seen were held pretty far away,  and were also very expensive.  So was chuffed to find a reiki master locally!    I hope to do part two of the course at the end of March,  then I'll have to wait for a few months before becoming a Master,  but i can give reiki to people.  Well once I've worked my way thru my 21 day clearing,  I have to give myself reiki for 21 days, then I can be let loose!   Already feeling tons better.

Update on work,  hooray, I am to be medically retired, received official notice the other day!  A relief,  they have to give me one weeks notice for every year I've been there, came as a shock to find I'd been there for 11 years!  Good grief, longest job I've ever had,  I usually get fed up after 6 years and move on.   Well work, except for my ambulance work has been a means towards an end, I work for someone and they pay me, that means I can go on holiday, buy stuff etc. 

Health news,  I am having further surgery on knee,  just waiting for them to decide whether it will be a total knee replacement, or an arthroscopy first to see if I need a TKR.  The x rays say I need an TKR,  and surgeon has already said a few times that I would have needed a TKR at some point in the next few years, the arthritis is worse than they thought.   So with a bit of luck I should be all sorted by the summer,  hoping to get to Glastonbury for a week, nooooo, not for the rock festival,  living in a tent ain't my thing.  I like to be civilised and stay in a hotel or B&B, a caravan at a push, but definitely NOT a tent.

Have been busy doing scrapping,  must upload new stuff to scrap blog,  and today I made 4 cards. Was only going to make one, my Mother's day card,  but found I was in the mood.    This card, see pic, was a favourite, it is for a friend,  she is mad about cats,  so this is very appropriate.  It came from a lovely decoupage pad,  Do Crafts stuff,  but couldn't resist him! 

Well all for now.   Hope you've all had a good weekend, and are enjoying this lovely weather.

No comments:

Visitors