Sunday 6 October 2013

Done!!!!!

Yes I finished my shadow box.  Don't think it is too bad for a first attempt. 

Today was all about arranging the bits and bobs.  I also had a rummage for old jewellry and came across a few of mum's old pieces.  Most of what she had was costume jewellry, but now it will go into more shadow boxes. 

I really enjoyed making this.  It was a challenge,  the frame wasn't that big,  so finding things that were the right size wasn't easy. I used a few dies that rarely get used, and a stamp I've only used once.  The gold scallop edge is some of that card I found,  I used a scalloped frame die to cut it, just using one side.   The musical notes came from a freebie in a magazine, and I still have a lot of the kit, which will be perfect for the next shadow box. 

There are a few other projects in the Craft Stamper mag that I intend to try this week,  one involves the gelli plate.  Another I noticed was made up from a stamp set that I have.    I just hope my mojo doesn't do a disappearing act again.   I think I got stuck in a rut,  just doing the same old stuff,  now I feel refreshed. 

Have a good week, enjoy this warm weather as by the end of the week it will be cold.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Visitors