Thursday 26 May 2016

Work on the bathroom is now in full flow...

Evening,  it is day three of the bathroom saga!   It should have been day 2,  but the workman turned up early on Tuesday.  I just agreed that he could get started, the sooner it gets done the better.  Then there was some confusion, workman said he was there to install a wet room...  mmm, didn't sound right, but I didn't mind.  He made a phone call, then started the prep work,  two hours later we were back to a bathroom.  But I was in for a surprise, not only were they putting in a new suite and tiles, but also a light, fan, flooring and then decorating.   The pic is of the prep work and old bath, plus shower.

The electrician joined the plumber on Tuesday to install the light and fan, he also sussed out the shower, also to be replaced.  Harvey was coping pretty well with the noise and strange voices, quite proud of him.


 The new light, very smart!  Talk about bright, the fan is a bit big, but can't say no to it.  Yesterday it was just the plumber, who worked like a trouper.   Think he took half an hour for his dinner,   then he was back at it.  I kept him going with cups of tea.   Poor Harvey wasn't getting any sleep, he'd no sooner settled down than a drill would start, or the banging,  so he cuddled up next to me before then bravely going to say hello to Sean, the plumber. 



 No chance of a bath!   Day 3, and I had 3 electricians plus Sean the plumber/decorator/carpenter.    At one point I had one electrician in the bathroom, one downstairs at the fuse box, and the third in the loft...  plus a very nervous Harvey.   Poor Harvey, I had to go get some milk, he'd been have a nice snooze, then woke up to find me gone and these four strange blokes!  He was not happy.  Finally the electricians solved the problem of how the shower had been wired in, and rewired it.  Phew...  then Sean did battle with the bath, which didn't seem to want to go in. 


The new tiles, which received the seal of approval from Sean.   He also praised my tiling,  no, honest, he did.  So right now I have a bath and a loo, no shower or sink, and a bathroom that looks like a bomb has hit it.  Roll on the weekend,  can't wait for some peace and quiet.  My anxiety got the better of me during the afternoon, needed to take some meds it was so bad.  I'm just not used to all this noise and hassle.  The workmen have been very good,  they clean up every day, are polite and drink gallons of tea.  The tiling should be finished tomorrow, the other walls were all skimmed to give a nice finish.   The shower will be installed tomorrow,  relief, really need to wash my hair. 

This isn't as bad as when they refitted the kitchens, that was a nightmare as it dragged on for weeks.  Plus workmen used very shoddy materials,  that was because they had to bid for the work, and then supply tiles or whatever it was they were installing, hence they got the cheap and nasty stuff.  Our HA has learned the lesson, now they supply the materials, and the work is done inhouse by their own maintenance team.  That is how it should be as it saves time and money. 

Are you sick of all this EU stuff?   I'm sick of the lies and propoganda,  I was hoping for a half decent debate and some facts, fat chance of that ever happening.  This will be my 3rd vote on the EU,  originally I voted to join the Common Market, my second vote was to leave as it became clear we'd been misled and that the Common Market was going to expand to what it is now, only no-one envisaged all of Europe signing up, nor did anyone mention free movement.   Right now I'm torn,  my city has received a lot of EU money to help with regeneration,  yep I know that the EU is flawed,  and I disagree with the free movement thing, but then I agree with other stuff.  There is also the temptation to vote to leave just to see Cameron get the sack.  I'm highly amused by at how many tories are outraged by his lies and arrogant behaviour, they never said that during the general election, then it was fine for him to use the fear factor and lie through his teeth.   I loathe him, Osborne and as for Boris...   I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him. 

Enough,  hasn't Corrie been wonderful this week?  So OTT,  still haven't worked out who caused the crash last night, personally I think they should just arrest Tracey and be done with it.  And Callum's body is about to be discovered!  Cue dramatic music...  Of course the actress who plays Carla is leaving,  as does Kylie... will she end up in prison?  So much excitement,  need a cuppa. 

More on the bathroom saga...  and a house update!




No comments:

Visitors