Saturday 24 November 2007

Saturated Saturday


Love this card, Rudolph is actually a tag, thank you WH Smiths! Saw him and just laughed, he makes me smile every time I look at him. Have grabbed as many as I can!
But it has been a very soggy day, had to go buy a new Xmas tree and with living in a flat, with limited space that meant getting a new half tree, go figure! They are actually called wall trees, they are literally 'a tree chopped in half', but it's great for those who simply don't have the room for a full tree. But the old half tree was a tad tatty, but since buying the old one I'd not seen anyone selling them, tho I'd seen them being used in shop displays - was considering er, 'stealing' any I saw as they are so darn useful. Luckily this year, and just in time a store advertised that they were selling them, so I hot wheeled over and got one, bonus was that they also had built in lights.
Then I decided to go check to see if my local Craft Central had sorted out its dispute with our utterly stupid council, sadly no, and worse, the shop had now been stripped bare. I doubt it will return... sad as it was a darn good craft shop. The manager knew her stuff, the staff were friendly and eager to help, and the shop was chock full of goodies. By then I'd had enough of Saturday, so went home, made myself some cheese on toast and then settled down to an afternoon of crafting. A half and half day, attempted to make my own waterfall card - yesterday I had made one from a kit, so today decided to go it alone, wasn't a total failure, just didn't like the result. Then recycled a few Xmas cards from last year, found a few that made good toppers.
Must tho get down to some scrapbooking, set myself the task of making one for my neice. I've chosen the photos, and providing my PC decides to at last behave itself (its been acting like a sulky teenager, or maybe it's going thru the menopause!) I'll print them off tomorrow, then try to get the juices flowing.
Also up to my elbows in Xmas cards, making my own, making some for friends at work, some for mum and some for charity... And December is fast approaching. Plus got a card making demo to prepare for.
But while the day started badly, in terms of weather/lack of fave craft shop, I did win 25 quid on the nat lottery site! Would prefer a few noughts to be added to the amount... but hey ho, a win is a win and I ain't complaining.

No comments:

Visitors