Monday 27 September 2010

Autumn days...

Brrr, it has turned colder over last few days,  needed to fire up central heating over the weekend. 

Still having sleepless nights cos of the knee,  last night I needed a dose of morphine to knock me out.   I'd like to think that it is improving, but it just doesn't feel like it.   Had physio appointment,  since I've been thru knee rehab 3 times I think I know what to do,  and I did tell hospital I didn't want any physio,  so of course I end up with appointment!   Same stuff,  20 minutes of paperwork, ten minutes of physio...   she was trying to bend my knee, now at the moment it will only go so far, I know that in time it will free up, but she tries to bend it... think my stony glare made her stop...  or else I'd have thumped her.   Do physio's understand pain?  I don't think they do at all.   I also had restricted movement before the operation,  and had she read my notes she would have known my medical history, as it was I kept on having to tell her stuff!   I was going to just slip out and not make another appointment, but she collared me on way out... rats.  Well next week will be last appointment, waste of time in my view.   The physio also took a dim view of me driving the car,   well I did as advised,  made sure I could operate all the pedals and perform an emergency stop.  Physio I saw pre op said we could get back behind the wheel as soon as we felt able, and providing we could do the emergency stop.   I'm not driving far,  just to high street, half a mile, and supermarket, half a mile in other direction from home. 

Still waiting for delivery of my new Slice card,  ordered it last Tuesday, got e-mail on Thursday saying it was on its way and...  still waiting for it to flop thru the letter box.   Need it to complete a few projects,  so it is frustrating, as is the post these days!   We did go have a lovely period of about 6 months when we had the same postie,  not any more,  some even seem to be casual workers.   The prat who ruined the Royal Mail should never have been allowed to move on, but have been sacked and penalised financially.   I am sick of these so called big bosses getting away with such ineptitude, and being rewarded for making a bloody mess of things. 

Craft day tomorrow on QVC, will see what the TSV is... hope something can tempt me!   All for now.

No comments:

Visitors