Wednesday 29 September 2010

Yep, Autumn is here to stay

One of those horrible grey days,  relentless rain and dark.  Ugh.   It stayed like that all day.   I shouldn't mind as I can't get out, but even just seeing the sun shine via a window is uplifting.  
Saw neighbour today, he's also crocked,  just out of hospital after a major op, he's also suffered a minor stroke.  But he'd ploughing on, making progress,  feel angry that someone else I know was far too eager to just give up and wait for the miracle to happen....  it hasn't and it never will.  But me and the neighbour are putting in the rehab hours,  even if I think it isn't doing much good.  Doesn't feel like I am making much progress,  but I keep going in the hope that a corner will be turned at some point.   I'd be happier if it didn't take me about 2 hours to get to sleep at night.  For some reason once I am in bed the knee really plays up,  and I just can't get comfy,  last night exhaustion set in and I just flaked out after 2 hours. 
Made an effort this morning by putting a colour on my hair, ash blonde,  to take away the grey stuff,  I just don't suit it. Some people look fab with grey hair, sadly I am not one of them.  Felt better after washing and drying hair, at least I looked half human.   Then on with the rehab,  endless exercises,  it does get you down,  cos you are in pain, don't want to move, but know if you don't then you won't make any progress.  

After lunch I felt I'd done enough rehab, did two more sessions during afternoon,  but got on with some crafting, a second scrap page.   Have posted second photo of Highlands page,  but with some changes.  Have now got new card for Slice, it arrived yesterday, and it has just about everything I need,  well aside from more alphabets. But tons of die cuts to choose from, and can do shadow cutting, mirror cutting... and use card in computer... so I am thinking of using to make a few stamps! 

New scrap page is of a bird, but not a pigeon, took me a while to get the colour scheme,  and a layout,  as usual it was all down to serendipity.   Worked out basic layout, but rest needs to be sorted tomorrow.

What will tonight bring... sleep?   I do hope so.

No comments:

Visitors