Tuesday 21 September 2010

Bumpy road to recovery

Think my road to recovery is bumpy and full of u-turns.  Every time I think I am improving I end up taking a dozen steps backwards.   Still got a lot of swelling,  and that means it is hard to both straighten and bend knee,  especially in the morning.   I dread the night time as it takes me ages to get to sleep,  last night it was 3 a.m and that was after taking 5mg of morphine to knock me out.   Now got some stronger painkillers from GP, so hope they work.

Also got something sticking out of wound, not sure it it is a stitch or....   Good to get all the staples out, all 34 of them!   Think whoever did the stapling got carried away.   The stapling is no worse than stitches, I've had both so I can now make a judgement, and the staples are easier to take out. Still got a bit of leakage at top of wound,  GP was a bit concerned, but I assured him that there was no infection,  well there wasn't on Sunday.   But all this discomfort is doing wonders for the diet,  don't feel like eating,  even the wine intake has take a severe hit.   Managed to complete all the exercises today,   still got the physio appointment hanging over my head...  did cancel the Monday appointment.  Frankly it is a waste of space,   the session will last about 10 mins, maybe 15, will include showing me what to do and a short walk... what is the bloody point?!   I sometimes wonder what the physiotherapists do to earn their money!    When I injured my back I got a great physio, she sorted me out,  showed me how to release my back,   and a number of useful exercises, but for the knee... forget it.  It has been pathetic.  My consultant keeps saying that I'd get to use the gym to build up muscle, methinks the gym is just a figment of someone's imagination.   They didn't even do much for mum when she was in,  just got her to walk up and down the ward, what bloody use is that?   The ortho ward needs its own gym,  on site,  then patients would make progress. 

On to crafting,  indulged in a bit of retail therapy,  QVC were selling stuff for the Slice, so I got a new design card, only cos it was on easy pay,  I dithered far too long over another card and it was no longer on easy pay - rats.   But am on waiting list for embossing kit for the slice.  Wasn't a bad show today,  some new stuff to look at and not just an endless list of kanban stuff. 

I have been crafting,  made this page using two photos of the highlands.  Used papermania 12x12 card,  the tartan is also papermania, from their Christmas collection,  used my X cut shape cutter system for the ovals, and the slice for the lettering... tho don't like it and will be changing it!  Also got a bit fancy by using an ink pad to recolour the letters and scalloped oval card, oh and the ribbon.    Printed off a few more photos,  can't get used to having this cheap printer, well cheap ink wise,  nowt cheap about it with the printing which is excellent.  Kodak I love you....  I'd have been putting in new cartridges on the old printer, best of all I can load up to 20 photo papers, whereas with my old printer it would only take one at a time and would then make a mess of it.

Well knee wants a rest...  must oblige it.

No comments:

Visitors