Sunday 24 October 2010

Jack Frost is about!

Brrrrr,  so glad I changed the bedding and got out my duvet, it was freezing this morning,  car was all iced up.  Glad I didn't have to go out.

Aside from the cold it was a lovely day, blue sky, sunshine - gorgeous.   Not so good inside,  mum was moaning,  she was doing the ironing, which I should add she insists on doing as her contribution.  I've said I'll do my own stuff, and in future I will. There was quite a pile, but that was her own fault, she could have done some earlier in week but chose not to.  Then she started moaning cos one T shirt was inside out!   Dunno what it was but I just felt hurt,  I'd gone out yesterday to get her some buttons for a baby jacket she'd made,  came back in a lot of pain but had got some lovely buttons.   Been shopping twice this week, taken her to GP...  and all she can do is moan, she sees the glass as being permanently 'half empty'.   What upset me even more was when my sister skyped, she's currently in Spain enjoying herself on a 6 month holiday, okay for some.  But mum lit up,  all happy...  you can imagine how that made me feel.   Not very charitable towards my sister and mum.   Feel like putting mum on a plane and sending her out to sister... ! 

I got a weekend away planned,  so that is something to look forward to.   Need this break, in fact I need a proper break, so does mum. 

Been making cards all weekend, well was right up to when mum upset me.   Was happily enjoying myself then she put the kybosh on it.   Managed to make my first stepper card,   all thanks to Karen who had sent me one, used that as a template.  Was a bit fiddly till I had worked out the folds.   Will have another go tomorrow, providing someone doesn't upset me, tho I think tomorrow I'll bite back.  Had enough of all her self pity it is sickening.

Oh, saw consultant,  all is normal, whatever that is. Also met up with two ladies who were in the ward with me, one had also had a knee replacement, she was now using a walking stick!    Found that depressing.  I've been doing all my rehab,  even tried on Thursday to walk around B&Q on one crutch, bad idea....  did the same yesterday, even worse idea.   Came back from craft shop in agony,   had to go up to another department to get the buttons for mum.   Did she care....   no.  Sorry in whingeing mode...   just feel hard done by.

Oh well roll on Thursday - I will be escaping to Glastonbury.

No comments:

Visitors