Tuesday 2 November 2010

Great weekend and barmy weather

Was away at the weekend,  decided to go spend Halloween in Glastonbury - well where else!    It was as bonkers as I expected it to be, tho sadly we didn't get to experience it all,  we had to move on to a Travelodge  for Saturday night and it was a bit further than we'd anticipated from Glastonbury.   But we had a very enjoyable 3 days,  there are lots of lovely places to eat there, so we chose the George and Pilgrim for the first night,  then a lovely Curry house just outside Glasto,  and then for lunch on the Saturday before we decamped we had veggie burgers at the Blue note Cafe.   Also went on a spending spree, well been so long since I went shopping, I also had two bag carriers!   So got a proper winter jacket from Hawkshead,  and a good pair of stout walking shoes,  adidas.  Would have liked a couple of tops but can't have everything.

The journey down was horrendous.  I left home at just before 10, hoping to be at my friend's for about 11ish - but there had been an accident on the M6, so had to crawl along,  finally got to Debs at 12.30.   Then we set off again, with her driving at 1pm, only to find more jams on the M6,  Debs knew the local roads so we avoided the worst of it.  Even so we didn't get to Glastonbury till nearly 5pm,  far later that we had planned.   Coming back was fine, a few slow bits but the traffic kept moving,  tho when I got near home there was of course the usual congestion!  And at Birmingham it was chock full of road works... do they ever stop working on the motorways?    We also had to call into a service station to get Deb's debit card,  she'd left it behind, not her fault really, she had to sign and the pen wouldn't work so she put the card down and forgot to pick it back up.    There were two bonuses from our stay at the Travelodge was: it had a Little Chef so we got a good breakfast,  and it was near the M5!   There was also a very large Tesco nearby, so we made use of that to get in some supplies for a junk food evening and telly.   Not complaining,  the room was only £56, so we expected cheap and cheerful, but two pillows each would have been nice! 
Came home to find that the taxman says I owe him money - I think not!  They've got my details wrong, have told them over and over but they still keep getting it wrong.  Besides why should I owe them a penny?  I was on the PAYE scheme,  on that you are hardly likely to check you are on the right tax code.  I was fuming,  and it was just another piece of crap to deal with and do I need it?  No I do not. 

Knee update - doing all the rehab but nowt seems to be happening.  At the weekend  met so many people who knew someone who'd had a knee replacement. All said the same thing : that it takes a long time.   Did a bit too much at the weekend,   overdid the walking so on Friday night i was in agony.   Today it nearly gave way on me twice,  second time I only just managed to avoid hitting the deck.  Also had horrendous pain in shin bone area.  

As for the weather - it is nuts!   So mild,  yet last week it was freezing.   But glad I got the jacket, came in useful at the weekend,  kept me dry,  and shoes were sooooo comfy.  They only cost me £26, I do love Outlet stores! 

All for now.

No comments:

Visitors