Tuesday 22 March 2011

Spring has sprung

At last some lovely weather to boast about.  Today was glorious,  quite warm and very sunny.   I went for a drive to hobbycraft, felt it was time to spend my vouchers.  I did have two things on a 'must have' list, glue for the slice machine, and a 6mm embossing tool for my bookatrix board, after that it was finding treats for me.  Was half tempted by a dolls house, well a dolls folly,  I've always wanted to build a dolls house, had one as a child and loved it.  This folly was just the right price, but then a flowersoft starter kit caught my eye, it is something I've wanted to have a go at for a while now.  So that came home with me, plus some boring stuff like peel offs,  card stock. 

So with my kit I decided to have a go,  followed all the instructions, very unlike me!  The kit had two pots of flowersoft, plus wires,  glue and some toppers,  and all the toppers need to be cut out.    But got to work, followed the instructions to make the above card,  I was quite chuffed with it,  it still needs a few finishing touches.    I'd also watched some of CnC this morning, I do like the glitter girls, what they make is not always to my liking, but they are so bubbly.  But then the presenter was trying to encourage people to spend money, saying that if they spent £100 they'd save £20 - who has that much to spend on craft stuff?    I do find the CnC website a bit of a faff, QVC is much easier to order from.  Both have their pluses and minuses,  CnC offers multiple postage,  QVC doesn't, which is a pain.   On CnC they do let the crafters craft,  but I'm not keen on all the CD stuff,  on QVC the crafters are rushed so can't really show any techniques - I wish they'd learn that we'd buy more if we could see proper crafting.

All for now...

No comments:

Visitors