Wednesday 16 March 2011

Frazzled

I've been busy dejunking and decluttering for last few weeks to try to make room for a spare bed.  Finally got there.   A friend is coming to stay so I wanted to see if I could get two beds in my bedroom, and with some tweaking I've managed it.   Also discovered more junk in cloakroom,  some old wing mirrors for the corsa, both are damaged,  so no idea why I had still got them. 
It was also my birthday this week,  had an impromptu party after the drumming class, it was someone else's birthday the next day, so we had a double celebration.    Lots of new faces at the drumming class,  not quite sure how we all fitted in to the room.  Probably just as well we are using an old barn, and it doesn't have any houses nearby!   But we had a fab time,   I confused 3 of the newbies, they had lost the rhythm so were trying to pick it up from me, only I lead with my left hand which threw them.  Did some drumming practice today,  trying to get my bass, tone and slap figured out, the bass is the easy bit, you hit the drum in the centre,  but the tone and slap are similar and you strike the drum round the edge.   I'll keep at it. 
Yesterday I blitzed the flat, gave it a spring clean,   almost gave myself concussion as head met shelf!   Exhausted by the end of the day.   But it did look nice. 
Last weekend I visited a new craft shop which has opened up in a garden centre.   Went to take a look and was very impressed,  but also fear for a friend whose craft shop will suffer as a result.  The new craft shop is Do Crafts, so has all the latest stuff, plus they had lots of Tim Holtz stuff,  I hadn't intended to buy much but did, and then got a free gift.  The staff were all very nice,  easy to chat to and helpful.   My friend's craft shop just can't compete,  I do try to support her when I can, but she doesn't have much for the paper crafter or in scrapbooking,  she is a very talented maker of crafts,  cuddly toys, bags etc. 
Posted pic of a box that I decorated for a friend,  used a new stamp I got from the new shop, a star sign stamp, then realised I'd got the wrong star sign, so just used the fairy.   I stamped onto some super white card, which they always plug on CnC,  must say I was impressed,  it took the stamp and really worked well with the pro markers.  I also did some of the inking round the sides:
Using the stuff from the Tim Holtz TSV, now really starting to get the hang of it, tho I had mislaid the blender tool, got no idea where I've put it, so made do with a sponge,  but liked the effect.  I used plain old photo card, which works for me, even tho Tim says it doesn't work on photo paper.  This isn't even the expensive stuff.   The idea was that my friend could put her singing bowl in it, but not sure it will be big enough...   bother.
Got the boxes from the shop, thought there would be the usual 3,  but there were 4, so a nice surprise.  They said they were getting more and more stock in, so will have to keep popping in. 

Thanks for stopping by. 

No comments:

Visitors