Sunday 27 March 2011

Ugh the clocks went forward!

The only time I've ever liked the clocks going forward was when I used to do night shifts.  I was due at a drumming workshop today so thought it best to set the bedroom clock an hour forward before I went to sleep.   

It wasn't a nice day to wake up to either, cold, grey.. yuck.  But I had a great time at the workshop,  definitely improving, picking up rhythms now much easier.  But came back with another drum!  Not a djembe, but a Japanese tongue drum!   Elaine was encouraging us all to try it,  think half ended up buyin one.  A very gentle sound,  it is like a wooden box.  Oops have pic... hang on, will upload it.   And you get a lolly with it!   We had a mini session on it,  that persuaded a few more to buy one,  there was one duff one in the box,  one of the tongues had split.  I got two, one for a friend whose birthday is coming up soon. 

First pic is of a bookatrix card I made, my second one,  I wasn't really getting on with the bookatrix board till I realised I wasn't using the right sized embossing tool.  You need a 6 mm,  so got one last week and so gave it another go,  I also used the tumble dryer sheets to make the card slick,  and yippee, it worked!  Feel much happier with this bookatrix card than the first one I made.   The unicorn came from a kanban kit, think it is called fantasy, it has two unicorn designs and two castles.  Perfect for my friends.  Just used 3 layers,  now feel more confident in having a go at making a christening card for my new nephew. 

Well the day started all grey, but it ended with blue sky and sunshine,  by mid afternoon it had warmed up nicely.  Long may it continue!

Hope you all had a good weekend, thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Visitors