Sunday 25 November 2012

Post Op

I've finally made it back to blogging.  I'm still in a lot of post op pain,  but hopefully that will soon start to fade.  I've just felt pretty whacked since the op,  not done much of anything really.  I had a few stabs at crafting but really wasn't getting anywhere.   On Thursday I was glad of my new lamp,  it rained all day and was so dark it was more like night time.

So today I hoped I could bring together a few of the things I'd messed with during the week.  As you can see by my desk I certainly got stuck in!    This actually shows the beginning of another piece of work which is progressing slowly.

At least the weather perked up today,  we had some sunshine at last.  Feel so sorry for those who've been flooded over and over again, it really must be heartbreaking.


This is the piece I'm most pleased with.  I've been trying to work my way up to start some Christmas crafting all week.  I got out some of my Xmas stash and had a rummage and found this quirky Santa and tree.  I didn't want to make a card, so decided on a bookatrix creation.  I just used two panels,  the top panel was inked with red and green, stamped with various stamps,  bike, clock and snowflakes. I mixed some embossing powders and used PVA to apply it.  Then coloured the back card red,  and added the ribbon.
It just needs a box, I've already decided who will be getting it. 

This is more of an experiment,  I was playing with ideas,  fran-tage, lettering and stamping.  Not quite there with it yet, but not that far away either!    Not enough stamping on this,  needs a lot more oomph to it. 

This was early in the week when I really didn't have any energy.  My energy levels are now starting to sink.   Think it could be time to put my feet up and have a cup of tea. 

Yes, best I leave it there for the time being.  Definitely need to go have a lie down.

Stay safe.




3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Hi Cassidy, nice to see you back and starting to recover some from your op. I like your bookatrix. In fact, I think it's the best one I have ever seen. Like the frantaged - a new word in the crafting dictionary - piece too. Elizabeth xx

BJ said...

So glad to see you back crafting as I was getting a bit worried. Sorry to hear of the pain, but how is the knee otherwise? Love the Joy card/ATC? I'd just add a darker edge round it myself nothing more. BJ

Julia S-W said...

Thought I'd drop by and see if you've been up to anything! Well, well, well! You have been busy. I like the bookatrix piece with the stylish tree and santa.
The 'joy' piece works really well I think. What would you add to it? Perhaps distress ink stamping next time to give more depth to the background, I like the main images and wouldn't change anything else.
Juliaxxx

Visitors