Sunday 9 August 2009

That was the weekend...

Funny how you wait for it all week, then it appears and just as quickly it is gone! I personally think weekends should start on Thursdays and end on Tuesdays. I had a nice weekend, started with a well deserved lie in on Saturday, then decided to peek thru curtain to see what sort of day it was - yay Sunshine and blue sky! So hobbled to high street, and did so with ipod plugged in, funny that I enjoy listening to new albums when walking... but have no patience to sit and listen at home. Really getting into Jana Stanfield, lover her music, very thought provoking. And it took me all the way to my favourite cake shop... was looking forward to buying some scones and some strawberry tarts... humph, some chap had come in and bought all the sultana scones! So had to make do with cherry, but there were some delicious looking strawberry slices, so grabbed two of them. They were delicious.

Tidied up garden in afternoon, rosebush assaulted me, it really needs to be cut down, but is in full bloom. Sadly the clematis isn't looking so good, think I may have to buy a new one next year. But everything else is blooming. Enjoyed tidying it all up.

Today was another lazy day, did manage a spot of crafting. Had to make my swap card, of a cup cake, or cup cake themed. So was very unoriginal and cut out a cup cake. Mind you it was labour intensive, I dabbed the cup cake top with a clear stamp pad and then sprinkled some sea foam powder on, repeated it a few times to get a nice thick layer, then for the bottom, I just cut out a shape, using some peel off lines, I then used my gel pens to colour inbetween, and used a water brush to calm the colours down. Easy peasy! Actually I remembered the Bibster sayin you could use a water brush on the gel pens, and it gave a much smoother finish. Did use my heat gun to dry it.

Am also being very unsympathetic to my mum, her other hip is very painful, her only choice is an operation. Even knowing what she went thru last year, which was the great exception to the rule, else she is looking forward to being wheelchair bound. And I am not in any shape to go pushing a wheelchair.

Have to go for some pre op checks tomorrow, pity, was hoping I'd get a cancellation.. . but looks like it will be 28th of August that I will finally say goodbye to these pesky wires. Just have to hope that knee stays intact!


Hope you all had a good weekend, have a good week... and take good care.

1 comment:

Cazzy said...

I agree about weekends! I have just been told by registrar that I have worn knees and hips so it is replacement to solve my probs but as I am a bit young the longer I can bear the pain the better!

Cazzy x

Visitors