Sunday 27 February 2011

Gungha din

I should explain,  gungha din was my way of remembering a rhythm today.   I got up in plenty of time then let time slip away, so ended up rushing to get there on time.  But had a great time at the drumming workshop,  a full day of it,  tho we had plenty of tea breaks - very essential.   Learnt a new rhythm, but damned if I can remember it now.  Need to get a recording gizmo,  take it with me to tape the sessions.   But the main aim was to have fun, which I did. And I caught up with an old friend, we'd met on a reiki course, I was so happy to see her looking so relaxed and glowing,  quite a contrast to what she was like when I first met her.  This was a more chilled session,  but really it is what the Monday workshop should be like, and could be like if we just indulged in a cuppa.  But I am starting to get to know people now, and remembering their names - which helps!  But then confronted with 10 people would you remember who was who?    A couple of new faces as well,  a nice chatty bloke,  who turned out to be an experience drummer, but he'd only just got back into it after a hip operation. 

The pic is of a card I did yesterday using the TSV kit,  just used ordinary photo card, as advised NOT to use by Tim Holtz, but it worked for me.  Then stamped the image onto acetate,  and then used an enamel embossing powder to give definition.   Very happy with the result.    A few more inks and a bit more messing around and I can see me being a very happy bunny!    Was having a think today about stamping the image directly onto the card, but not wanting to get the inks all over it... then thought of masking fluid?   Been watching the art shows on CnC, so may give that a go,  seems simpler than using a mask.  

Very soggy end to the weekend,  and cold...  also noticed that some kind soul has dented my new car!  Why can't people be more careful when opening car doors?    And since i am using disabled bays there is no ruddy excuse! 

All for now folks, catch up with you in the week. Stay safe and take good care

No comments:

Visitors