Tuesday 12 April 2011

Almost there...

I began decorating last Tuesday,  a few years ago, pre broken knee,  I would have been finished by now.  Got the wallpaper up over the weekend,  just had a few bits to finish yesterday.  Today I had a break,  still got the painting to do, but felt like getting outside for a few hours as it was such a nice day.  I straightened up the flat when I got back,  gave it a good dust and vacuumed,  bits seemed to have managed to migrate to almost all parts of the flat.    I put the shelving back up,  but there is some stuff which is NOT going back, the brass for a start, mum has stopped cleaning it and I don' t like it, so it has been stashed away.  If mum wants it back then she'll have to agree to clean it regularly.   But very happy with results so far, the kitchen looks clean and bright,  new paper is much lighter than what we had before, so kitchen also looks bigger.   Only got two rolls of the patterned paper,   but got to last bit, a two inch full length strip... and it was 4 inches too short!   Well I wasn't about to go out and get another roll!   So managed to match it,  was fiddly but did it.
Not managed any crafting for over a week,  even gave up my drumming class last night, was just to sore, plus I looked a mess, paste in hair,  nails with paint...  was so nice to get cleaned up properly this morning and wash my hair.  Felt human at last.
Just got the paintwork to do,  so it will be back to paintbrushes tomorrow,  going to undercoat everything!   Got 3 doors and a radiator, plus pipes and of course skirting board!  The latter is going to be a nightmare as I just can't kneel down.  Really did get frustrated at times cos of my knackered knee, it limited me as to what I could do, so had to find ways around it.
Hope you all enjoyed the lovely weather last weekend!  Wasn't it glorious?   I looked on from the window,  if I'd not been decorating it would have lashed down.

All for now.

No comments:

Visitors