Sunday 3 April 2011

Mothering Sunday

Well my mum had to make do with just me, the person she sees day in and day out.  My sister, who is currently abroad had managed to send a card using one of those online affairs, I sort of hoped she may stretch to some flowers...  how dumb of me!   As for brother, well he came yesterday, but with no invite for lunch or dinner for mum.  Nice...    So little wonder my mother was so cheesed off,  not even bothered about going on skype to speak to her other daughter late this afternoon.   I have tried explaining how skype works to my sister, that it is not like a telephone, that she needs to warn me when she is able to skype..    so as warped as it sounds I was pleased that mum told sis that she wasn't able to talk!  Good for you mum, do it on your terms.   I came home yesterday from trip to craft shop and drop in at old place of work to catch up on gossip, to find mum very down, that was after my brother's visit.  She'd been fobbed off,  she would have loved nothing more than to have lunch with her son!   Little point in me taking her, she sees me every day.   I do despair...
In spite of that I did manage to put a smile on her face,  a nice card (sorry, bought it cos of the verse!),  but did make her some earrings,  she'd told me not to buy her anything,  but I'd already made the earrings.   We enjoyed a nice lunch, sausage butties!   And I'd got a nice cake,  so we had some of that after our tea. 
Inbetween I put some finishing touches to Christening card,  bookatrix,  can't yet finish it as I have no date for the christening.   Also finished off my swap card, since two swappers read this I can't give too much away,  except to say that is a very blingy card! 
Oh, good news on the tax front,  got letter from HMRC agreeing that they were out of order, so their demand for back tax has been wiped...  phew.  Had no means of paying it anyway.   But it just galled me when so many big firms get away with paying a pittance in corporation tax, yet us minions are clobbered every which way.  But a welcome relief,  feel like I can get on with my life now. 
Hope you had a good weekend, and thanks for stopping by, much appreciated.

No comments:

Visitors