Saturday 9 April 2011

Had a daft idea

To decorate the kitchen,  okay it was in desperate need, but how was I to know that we'd have a mini heatwave and that it would take so bloody long?   Started on Tuesday,  so back in normal days I would have been finishing it about now.  Not now,  tho did get bogged down with stripping paint off using paint stripper, then reached for the heat gun (paint heat gun that is) and paint soon came off.  Paint stripper was rubbish,  it was taking forever.   So kitchen is now fully stripped and ready to be repapered/painted.  Did the ceiling,  decided to give that Point and Paint thing a go, and it works!  Was really impressed,  no cutting in, no mess,  and done in half the time,  plus no messy roller to wash out.  What is also time consuming is having to put the kitchen back in some sort of order so we can use it.  Normally mum would have offered to tidy up, but she's no longer up to it,  but she was gamely making me tea, which was appreciated.   Also needed to sit down a lot to give the knee a rest.   Have no doubt I'll sleep like a log tonight.   But want to get cracking in the morning, so won't wait for mum to wash breakfast dishes, I'll do them and get on with the papering, I want that done by tomorrow. 

Weather was gorgeous today,  so sunny and warm,  but I could only look at it,  managed to get 15 mins of fresh air when I went to get the newspaper.   Need to tidy up garden as well,  far too much moss has built up,  need to get rid of that and put in some new bedding plants. All my winter pansies which I really thought had bitten the dust after the freezing cold winter have come back to life,  but they all look a bit straggly.

Now off to watch a spot of golf. 

No comments:

Visitors