Sunday 15 May 2011

Boy is it cold

After all that lovely weather it is a bit of a shock to have to deal with the cold, wind and rain.   Our thermostat was set to just under 15C, yet the heating came on this morning.   Very grim day today,  cold, wet and windy.   Not what you expect for the middle of May. 

I did have a nice task to do, make an engagement card for my God daughter,  who got engaged on her birthday.  I was so chuffed for her.    Didn't get quite what I wanted,  picked up a nice Kanban kit and cannabilised it,    sort of ended up with something I liked.   I am also going to make her an exploding box.    This was a nice kit tho,  cut up one piece of card so as to just use the flower bit as a frame for the toppers, and picked up the lovely flowers, a BOGOF,  at my new craft shop.   I am hoping that next week's craft fair will provide me with what I want for the box.    I am also out of Pin Flair glue,  and photo glue,  so need to stock up on the essentials.  
A bit of a shock to hear that Dawn has left QVC, I caught her last show and she said she wouldn't be around this week,   she is off to pastures new.  Not surprised,  QVC don't allow any demonstrations,   so Dawn hasn't been able to show off her skills.     I wasn't that impressed with the TSV either,  seemed very lame.  CnC is beating QVC hands down on crafting, and rumour has it that Dawn will be joining them.  

All for now,  got to finish off my swap card and fat pages...  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this card! Lovely colours and I've never thought to cut close around the wording before, its really effective. Going to try that on my next card!

Karen xxx

Visitors