Sunday 1 May 2011

Gardening time

For the last two days I've been determined to have a lie in,  so what happens?  Yep I wake up early!    Typical.    But had stuff to do in the garden today,   had to get the clematis planted,  one flower opened up over night!   But had to take the old one out first,  hoped it would be easy and it was,   I suddenly realised that heavy digging needs two good legs...   but luckily the old one just came out without any probs, so in with the new one, and then to release it from all its straps so it could spread out.   Had loads of garden waste to get rid of, so decided to get rid of that and pick up some bedding plants at same time.   Was also pleased to find that the municipal recycling centre wasn't too busy,  it is also now staffed with helpful people!    So into garden centre and what to buy?   I like busy lizzies, or impatients,  as they just keep going, so got a mixed tray of them, then spotted some dwarf carnations,  so got them, well something different.    So back home,  had a bacon butty and then got the bedding plants sorted.    Garden now looks all neat and tidy,  everything is growing,  roses are threatening to bloom any day now,   checked the new clematis and two other flowers had also opened.    It was a nice blowy day so got the washing out on the whirly thing...  
So after the gardening came the crafting,  and to sort out the other side of my fat page exchange.  Got a lovely set of stamps yesterday, felt they'd be perfect for what I wanted to do.   And yes, it all worked!   Well one idea flopped,   but no matter,   rest of it all worked.   So I can get them together over the next week or so.  I figure that I am not a planner,   I am the type that just has to 'let it happen',   I have a vague plan of what I want to do, but so often what I end up with is so far removed it is ridiculous.    And I craft in chaos,  it starts out tidy and slowly becomes more and more disorganised...  I know that the stuff I want is there,  just a case of where it is now buried!  
Well one more bank holiday, then we have to wait till end of May...   ;-)

Thanks for stopping by, hope you all had a lovely weekend.

No comments:

Visitors