Saturday 21 May 2011

Craft show nightmare

I went to the craft fair at Aintree, got lots of lovely bargains but what a nightmare!   People barging into each other,  shoving people out of the way, one chap tried to take something from my hand!  He then said he just wanted to see what it was,  blooming cheek. It was not pleasant and I gave up after an hour and a half,  that was more than enough for me.  I usually go on the 2nd or 3rd day,  this time I thought I'd see what it was like on the first day, NEVER again.   The worst was a woman who stopped in front of me at the exit, right in the middle, she was shouting over to her friends, so I shouted at her telling her how stupid it was to just stop in front of someone.     At least I had my bargains and the stall holders were all nice and helpful.  Got stocked up on pinflair glue, DST,  gems (all from the pound store),  and bought the steppers from pinflair, the ones shown on CnC,  which you use to cut out shapes, good for matting and layering.  Not as easy as it looks,  but once they've loosened up it does become a bit easier. 

Made silly mistake of taking tablet at wrong time, so now have mild stomach ache.  Had to go get medication for my arthritis,  I'd tried the natural stuff and it just wasn't working.  I know this medication can cause stomach upsets, but thought I'd got away with it.  I took the tablet too quickly after my meal,  so my fault.

I've started the exploding box for my god-daughter, got some lovely card yesterday and two plastic 12x12 templates,  one with a scalloped edge,  I used the smaller one to make the lid, had to adjust the measurements slightly.  And the heart shaped steppers are coming in very handy. 

The pic is the card I made for this months swap,  just don't look too closely at the glossy accents, went a bit wrong!   But chuffed as I used the alcohol inks, then the gilding flakes,  coloured the image using pro markers,  and the lace was the finishing touch.  The theme was the Royal wedding,  and had to include the colours red, white and blue. 

All for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Saw this over on UKPC and I think its adoreable! I think I saw on tv last week that someone had made the connection with a Disney marriage and the royal one!

Karen xxx

Visitors