Thursday 26 May 2011

What a day!

Just about had everything weather wise today, rain, wind, sunshine,  thunder...   Was not fit for beast or fowl.   As a young bird found out this morning, must have been taking its first flight,  it was in the road and all the other birds were hopping around it,  all protecting,  it looked like it was tired and wet,   its mum and dad found it a few tasty morsels and it was soon on its way again,  probably back to the nest if it had any sense. 

I'm now engrossed in the French Open,  but got a shock when I pressed the red button,  there was motor racing!   A practice lap, who cares?   But luckily the tennis came on in time for Murray's match,  it was just as bad in Paris as it was here, very windy but he won comfortably.  

I was determined to finish off the box,  picked up a couple of bits yesterday,  and found  a nice sentiment to put inside.   Also had a few bits left over from a wedding card so popped them on.   I managed to find some ribbon to go round the box lid, not quite wide enough so I added some ric rac to it.  I really enjoyed making this box. 

Also had to cover up a mistake on a card, wedding card, I'd recoloured the ric rac and it wasn't quite dry so it smudged the card!   I had no idea how to save the day,   got some mirri card and a punch,  had half an idea which kind of worked, but then punched both sides of a strip of silver mirri, then put some purple under it.  I put more bling on the card,  gems and glitter,  just needs the insert now. 

And the Bibster has confirmed she has joined CnC.   Wonder what that will do to QVC's crafts? 


 All for now.

No comments:

Visitors