Wednesday 25 May 2011

Crafty Sunday



Well having survived a walk to corner shop,  wind gusting at about 50 mph!   I settled down to start decorating the box,  forgotten how fiddly it can be.  Oh well, no matter,  was having a nice time.  Went to print off the photos I wanted and kodak wanted to update the software...  15 minutes later after computer restart I finally got photos.   So next up deciding on what to put on outside of box.  I'd made a start on the lid, cut out a heart and then used the new stamp I bought,  love the sentiment...  aw, soppy or what!
Next came the first layer,  chose to mat and layer some white and silver card, then added the butterfly,  picked them up at the craft fair, now wishing of course that I'd bought more! 

Not sure about the lid,  like the top but the sides don't work,  need some ribbon on it, but wide ribbon, and of course I've only got thin ribbon!  

Bit of a pause folks,  ran out of stuff to say.   Made more progress on box,  and have finally decided on what will go into final layer.    Got more mirri card today from local craft shop,  sadly they don't seem to be getting in much new stuff.   Guess they got a hammering last weekend cos of the craft fair.  Got a few bits, but they didn't really have what I wanted.    Now annoyed that I didn't go as far as The  Range, or Aberkhan,   and now I am caught up in the French Open,  Andy Murray will play tomorrow,  so that means staying put and by the TV!     But got stuff to keep me occupied.   Did pick up another kanban kit, a wedding card kit,  that will do nicely for Saturday...      a day I wish was already over.  Don't like large social gatherings,  just not my thing.    I've also been hassled to hang round for the evening party,    have no wish to put myself through that!    Nope, will be home by about 4pm,  hopefully in time for a bit more tennis.  

Weather here is still rubbish, so I am hoping that for the happy couple the rain stays away.  All for now folks, thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Visitors