Sunday 15 January 2012

Clarity heaven

Wow,  never thought a set of stamps could have this effect on me, but I was blown away by the Clarity stamp set I got from CnC.  I'd been tempted to buy Barbara's stamps, but to be honest never had sufficient funds,  but this month I had some spare cash so decided to indulge and see what all the fuss was about.  Well now I know, they are superb,   a beautiful stamp to work with,  well mounted,  expertly cut to give a perfect result every time.    I wondered how I'd get on with using the mounts,  but I love them,  much easier to use than the acrylic blocks,  nor is there any chance of over inking the stamp.  

I really did need a day of indulgent crafting, and this was it.  The stamp set arrived yesterday, but I had an important meeting with a friend about our new business, so the stamps had to be put on hold! 

But today I really enjoyed myself.    Got the stamps, brayer, paper, card and ink pads... and off I went.   It was bliss,  used a mask with all the cards,  made two summery cards and one winter, (see pic),  wasn't that chuffed with first card, but I'd not taken enough care with the brayering, so it was my fault, even so the result wasn't bad at all.   Next attempt was much, much better,  got a nice clean result,   and used my new TH green distress ink pad  and used another grass stamp to add a bit more effect.  The last one was the one I've included on the blog,  a winter scene,  along with a couple of bunnies,  again used another set of stamps,  Woodware stamps which are delightful to use.   Used a mix of TH stamps to get a more dramatic sky,  which sadly hasn't really shown up on the photo.   But happy with it. 

I've been a stamper since I started crafting,  that was because the first kit I got was a complete stamping kit.  But until now I've not used a stamp which has given me such fantastic results as Clarity.  I'm a convert and will be ordering more. 

Thanks for dropping by, your support is much appreciated. 

No comments:

Visitors