I finished the shoes off with pale and medium magenta pencils, yes I did go buy them. Also picked up my art magazine, plus some posh paper, a frame, mount and tape. Now I just need to get myself organised and start to mount the pictures and put them on the wall.
I'm tempted to have a go at framing, hobbycraft have all the bits, I may just try one and see what happens!
Well with that picture finished it was time to start another, but what?
I wanted to show the pain that ballerinas endure, I remember seeing a picture of a ballerina's feet, they were awful. So I searched for a suitable photo that I could adapt, and having found one I set about creating this.
It is okay, the shading is a bit off, but what I didn't like was the blood, it didn't look like blood. The shoes simply looked as if they were stripey. So, I could make it bigger, or try with the original photo I had of the pink ballet, shoes but turn them black. I did like the composition of this photo, I put in the skirt, so I had a think, oh and a sausage butty...
And came up with this! I used the pink ballet shoes photo, then searched for 'blood dripping', trust me there are such photos! Having found a few I liked, I downloaded them. Now I was set up to do the picture... then I thought I should perhaps tidy up the kitchen, oh and get dressed!
I spent the afternoon on this, it still needs a little more work on it, the shoes need to be 'blacker'. And there should be a bit more shading round the feet. I used my silver metallic pencil for the 'floor' of the piece, doesn't show up on the photo, but it does in real life. I used 3 different reds for the blood, and the white pencil to pick up the highlights, an oil pastel pencil will be used at some point to make those bits 'whiter'.
I did need a cheer up, and I got one.
Enjoy the rest of your bank holiday weekend. I'm off to see some ships.