Sunday 12 July 2009

Chilling out


Yep, just what the doctor ordered, or he may have done had I asked him. I needed a break from all this rubbish, somewhere to just chill. So where better than Glastonbury? Only one snag, the long drive... it was the heavy traffic mainly that was causing the snarl ups. But it took us nearly 5 hours to drive down... by which time me and my friend were in murderous mode! Tho the last 20 minutes were hilarious, as her SatNav took us on a magical mystery tour off the motorway. Barmy... totally barmy, as there was a more straightforward route at the next junction... but would her SatNav listen.. no.... I am not surprised that people find themselves in wierd and wonderful places with these Gizmos. And that is why I'll stick with a map!

So we ended up at a curry house, excellent food, service... an example of how it should be done. An example of how not to treat customers in a restaurant, promise that although you are about to stop serving food for an hour, you'll still take their order... oh no they didn't! I shall spare their blushes, but I won't ever go there again. Mind you they were not alone, most eateries closed between 5 and 6, even the pubs, well around my part of the world the restaurants at the weekend just keep on serving. That was our Saturday night experience, so we ended up at the chippy, which luckily did have a restaurant, and the meal was excellent, as was the service.

I'd never been to Glastonbury before, but I've never encountered a more horizontal place, well possibly Venice in California, it was chill out time. Everyone just took their time, and it was chock full of characters, which made it even more interesting. I mean it ain't every day you meet a wizard walking down the street! Tho I did once bump into a dalek. No, honest I did.

I'd had a very fed up sort of week, mostly due to the incompentecy of the DWP, not necessarily blaming those at the coal face, but the twits in charge, as in those that sit in Parliament! All very well coming up with fanciful ideas, but you need money to make it work. So will be putting in an appeal... I find it odd that my consultant, my GP, my Occy Health doctor all agree that I am not fit to work in anything other than a sedentary occupation, yet an ATOS employed nurse begs to differ... she said I could do any job... mmmmm... I'm still using a crutch, being treated for depression... am a carer... guess maybe I need to be a junkie, then you get left alone.

So got a week of writing letters... joy, well not me, leaving that up to an expert. In meantime going to play with my new toys, new pendulum, and crystals. And reflect back on a lovely weekend at Jasmin Cottage.

Hope you all had a good weekend.

2 comments:

Cazzy said...

You were not far from my part of the country there Cass. Now if you want a good Chinese meal, great service, sometimes unwitting entertainment, not far away in Nunney near Frome, in what was the Happy Eater is the Imperial Court and if you order before 6:30 you get a free starter! They open from 5:30 evenings. During the week you can eat all you want from a varied menu for £12.95, as long as you only order what you can actually eat!

Cass said...

Thanks Caz I'll remember that!

Visitors