Thursday 30 July 2009

When your get up and go, keeps on getting up and going?


I seem to be having a good day followed by a bad day, while today was an inbetween, half good and half bad. Had to finally get this appeal underway, been trying to get an appointment with the CAB, but for last couple of weeks they've had a shortage of staff. Tried on Monday, only to be told they had their quota for the day, so went back today, was there for 9.15 a.m., with a grey slate of a sky, and found a queue! Luckily I did get given a number, phew, tho it was a long wait. While the in the queue I couldn't help but overhear a young girl speaking about her debts, and how she wanted all her credit card debts cancelled.... I may have had more sympathy had she not been dressed in designer gear, and then produced an Iphone, and then a second high end mobile... I felt like telling her that debts are not cancelled, but her friend was assuring her that all would be okay, that all the credit card contracts would be cancelled - oh no they won't!

It took me back to my old days as an advisor, I had a lot of sympathy for those who found themselves in debt, usually due to loss of job, death of a spouse etc, but not a lot for those who'd run up huge credit card bills. I hated debt counselling, much preferred to work on the welfare side. Anyway, finally got to see an advisor, and he's arranged an appointment with a legal eagle. The advisor was horrified at the ESA medical report, it was a load of rubbish, they had me down as being able to walk over rough ground (I was never asked, and it should have been obvious that on a crutch I wouldn't be able to), and able to sit and stand normally, no I can't, I can't use my right leg to push up on, so have to haul myself out of my seat. Plus the knee injury has aggravated my back injury, which has made life worse. I would like to seize several politicians by the throat right now. I see so many junkies round here, and alcoholics, all on benefits, and none of whom have ever worked... and I'm the mug for having worked and paid her taxes to support them, but when I want help - !$%******$$%%&*****

Then today another computer, government cock up... in form of DVLA, who had sent me two reminders to tax my car. I thought second one was just a mistake, so never opened it, but luckily I didn't shred it. Cos today when I went to post office I found that I wasn't allowed to tax my car, I had all sorts of horrible thoughts, that the car had been cloned and the false plates used in a crime.... so got home, was about to ring DVLA, then opened second reminder to discover that they'd messed up some renewal forms and they'd sent me a replacement. Well hows about they had put something on the envelope to say URGENT READ THIS. It would have helped. Not even post office were aware of the glitch till I went back and told them.

No crafting, defrosted freezer, cleaned out fridge, there were a few things lurking in there....

Stay dry this weekend and have a relaxing time... thanks for stopping by

No comments:

Visitors