Sunday 26 December 2010

And that was Christmas...

Yep, all that build up,  weeks and weeks of it... endless TV programs about how to create the perfect Christmas (if you have a beautiful chocolate box style house and pots of money it may be possible... ), the type that no-one wants cos it isn't cosy or user friendly, it just looks nice!   I got sick of that Kirsty from RRR,  telling us all how to decorated our homes... shows how out of touch she is with reality.  I notice she wasn't on a council estate! Lets face it the Christmas we all usually end up with is more akin to the Royle family,  chaotic, a few rows,  a lot of laughs and far too much food! 
I don't much care if the bookies insist on  snowflake falling on the Met office roof before it is an official white Christmas, it was very white here!   The snow that arrived a week ago is still with us, pretty much intact,  everything is still frozen solid.
My mum liked her necklace and earrings,  necklace is in pic opposite, wonder if you can spot the mistake?  I did and undid it, at same time I made it a bit longer, but she was chuffed with it.  Also got her some books and a CD,  so she at last has something to read,  or so she said,  just a week ago I took a full carrier bag of books back to library,  they'd been here for over 2 months and she'd not read any of them cos she didn't feel like reading.  Of course  the moment I returned them she wanted something to read. Typical. 
I was in charge of cooking yesterday,  I still can't figure out why so many people panic over Christmas dinner, it is simply a roast dinner, all about timing,  and every blooming thing these days has on it cooking instructions! So what is the problem?   Our turkey was delicious, very moist, and it was a frozen turkey,  just the crown which is plenty for the two of us,  veg was spot on, only the roasties let me down,  the King Eddies are a bit naff this year,  and made some lovely gravy!   We even managed to eat the Christmas pud,  well these days I make sure the plates are not overflowing,   so we both had room for the pud,  Tesco's finest,  which looked on the small side, but then you forget how filling Christmas pud is.   And that was it,  time for mum to snooze, and time for me to go sit in watch over PC,  waiting for sister to skype us from Spain, I did ask her to text me to tell me when she'd be on skype, but she forgot.   No worries, caught up with a few bits on FB and e-mails.  Can't say sis looked very cheerful,  it seems Spain doesn't really 'do' Christmas, it hangs on for what we see as 12th night.   They did have the family with them, two of the offspring had flown over, after an horrendous time at Bristol airport, a certain airline beginning with R... It seems some plonker let all the passengers on then remembered that the plane hadn't been de-iced!   They got away some 3 hours later, very unamused as they'd been at the airport from 4.30 a.m.   I hope they do change the law and make all public transport companies liable for passenger comfort etc, high time that airports and airlines got a kick up the backside. 
Hope you had a good Christmas, and that Santa brought you lots of goodies... 

No comments:

Visitors