Tuesday 14 December 2010

Oh no the white stuff is coming again!

Just seen our forecast, looks like it is our turn for the snow!   It at least had a good effect on me in that got all cards written and posted, plus parcel I needed to send.   Will do shopping tomorrow, got hair appointment on Thursday morning, taking mum to hospital in the afternoon...  so a busy few days but if the snow does arrive at least we'll have plenty of food. 
Finally managed to get all the xmas stash cleared away and stored for next year.  At least now it is all in one box rather than being spread all over the place.  Just need to sort out tool box,  which has got really messy.
I've done a lot of crafting over last few days, needed a box for a gift but local craft shop didn't have any, so had to make my own.  Which wasn't ideal as the gift is heavy, hence need for chipboard box, but temporary box will do for now, it looked very good when I'd finished,  used some violet paint,  put it on thick so you could see the brush strokes, then added some cosmic shimmer, and a few corner peel offs.   Next up was a 70th birthday card,   I used the QVC kit that I had been intending to send back, but once I'd looked at it properly I decided to keep it,  good job as it was just the thing i needed to make the card.   So white card blank,  butterfly acetate (glittered),  matted and layered piece of white card with silver frame,  used peels offs in centre, all finished off with a lovely bow.  All very blingy. 
Now I'm trying my hand at jewellry making,  got a kit at the weekend, said it had all you needed,  except it didn't as you also needed the tools, so had to go back to get a tool kit.   So far I've managed to make a pair of earrings, now making a necklace,   I'm going to give them to my mum for Xmas,  but not say I've made them just to see what she thinks. 
My life sounds all in order and calm, I can assure you it is neither,  got more bad news last week,  and then there is mum's appointment on Thursday.   Can't say I am much of a festive mood.

Hope you're all safe and keeping warm.

No comments:

Visitors