Wednesday 29 December 2010

Now we have a heatwave....

Phew, back to thin clothing,  I'm no longer feeling the cold but my mother is... so one of us is enjoying a sauna, guess who?   Not sure where the photo was taken, but it was somewhere in the UK, came courtesy of an FB friend, but it does look nice.

Busy day today,  housework day, was determined to get it all done in one day.  Needed a few sit downs to give the knee a rest, but got it done.  So flat is back in some sort of order, just need to sort out fridge freezer.   Feel much better, an issue which had been bugging me got resolved, my fears were unfounded but just glad I followed my instincts.   Been reading about Buddhism today, makes sense to me,  stay in the here and now,  stop worrying about what you can not change,  stuff that is done including mistakes.   Moment I began doing that I felt the stress just lift from my neck and shoulders.   It will take work to maintain it, but hey it is a start.  Now the housework and shopping are out of the way I can now go on a guilt free shopping trip.   I did indulge yesterday during the QVC sale day,  just one thing caught my fancy so thought what the heck, it is on easy pay...  a couple of clicks and it was mine.  Be interesting to see how long it takes to arrive.   Very unamused with Royal Mail,   they can deliver a letter with a vague address but can't manage to deliver a parcel sent BEFORE the snow arrived, on time!   Still waiting for my vouchers as well.   What was equally UNamusing was our chaotic bus service, one lot of drivers from one company decided to brave it and made it to our neck of the woods, another company refused point blank, but that didn't stop them taking on passengers who were destined to travel just one stop! I'm not blaming the workers, but rather the management, if workers feel appreciated then they go that extra mile,   so figure it out...

I'm also a great aunty for the second time,  yes my niece gave birth to her first son yesterday,  so some happy news. Mum and baby are doing well, still in hospital,  but should be home by Friday.   My mum also managed to get beyond the front door today!   Relief,  at least I got two hours guaranteed 'me' time.   Makes such a difference to have the place to myself for a few hours,  just to be able to chill.   Played my udu drum,  it makes such a beautiful sound.

Was going to do some scrapbooking today, but never got round to it.   Printed the photos, so that is a start,  didn't think printer was going to cooperate,  got a shut down message on the software, but luckily it all came back on.   Just not in the mood I guess.  Feel the need to go to a craft shop,  need a fix.

Well only a few days left of 2010...  

No comments:

Visitors