Monday 8 February 2010

Another Monday....

And blooming cold again!  Very grey, didn't look very promising at all.  Managed to walk as far as post box,  and that was quite enough.  Didn't have enough layers to venture further. 

But did get my swap card posted,  I am swapping with our only male, and my choice of card - see pic!  Well it had to be a shaped card, and I saw this in a magazine and followed the template, little did I know I'd be swapping with a man. Perhaps a wrench would have been better?

Actually he makes me laugh, our latest recruit, to our little craft group, he has a wicked sense of humour,very dry and keeps us all laughing.  He's just a beginner, but is showing a lot of promise.   I admire his guts,  to embark on cardmaking and to join a group.

It was tho a very lazy day, did have half a hope of having a walk, but as I said it was just too blooming cold.  Tomorrow should be brighter, so I will get out and about.   Did watch C&C this morning, and yesterday,  love what that lady does with her stamps, so creative,  like watching, but not sure I am willing to part with the dosh to get the stuff.   Quite happy sticking to scrapbooking,   I'll make cards for family and friends, but that's it.  My local shop is selling cards for 80p, how can I compete with that?    You just can't, even if they are hand  made, folk want whatever is cheap.   May tho go tout my scrapbooking skills at a local shop, she began last year, I didn't actually hold out much hope as she didn't have much stuff,  but it has improved. 

This is going to be a strange week,  I have a good friend coming to visit on Friday,  but learned today that Friday will be Ivy's funeral,  and I said I'd take my mum, I'd also like to pay my respects.  But the funeral is early, so  hopefully I can still meet up with my friend.  Ivy wouldn't mind, she was all for living life, always seeing the best in everyone, tho she also had a wicked scouse humour, but it was gentle.  I'm glad she is at peace now...  

Well we got QVC tomorrow and on Wednesday, with a TSV...   hoping they have restocked on the Slice design cards. 

Stay warm.

No comments:

Visitors