Tuesday 9 February 2010

Bootiful day

Yep, woke up to a half blue/grey sky,  sun was peeking thru the clouds.  Took recycling stuff down to check temperature... brrrrr,     reckoned a few layers would be needed to venture outside properly.  Once I'd done mum's dressing I was off to high street.  Funny I think I've speeded up,  walking a bit faster, then someone overtakes me and I watch them disappear into the distance!  Same at the pelican crossing, I've barely set foot on road and my fellow walkers are across the road.    Trying not to put too much weight on the crutch, and let my right leg take more of the strain, problem is that my left knee is complaining a lot,  it does hurt when I go downstairs, a bad sign, means the patella is out of alignment again.   Oh well, a week to go and I see my consultant, see what he has to say,  a new knee is on the cards, just a case of when it happens, this year or next year.

But had a nice walk, nice to get some fresh air,  very fresh.  Went to ATM, meant to press button for £50, but pressed wrong one so got £30!   Have now sorted out stuff for cash converters,   found a few boxes for some of the stuff, the cameras,  made sure I had all the leads and software... hoping to get some good prices for them all.  And half booked myself onto a reiki course, part one,  will do part two in July, then I'll have to save like mad to do the master reiki course later in the year.  Something I've wanted to do for a while, that an aromatherapy, think the two compliment each other nicely.  Had reiki at the carer's centre, and it was bliss.  I know there is no logical explanation, and it may well be down to the placebo theory, but who cares if it does some good?    I do believe in this stuff,  karma,  the aura,  that Angels watch over us.    Found comfort this week also in prayer,   I sort of stumble along in that,  well is there a right way?  

Dinner was: a sausage butty,  couldn't be bothered to cook a meal, well mum meets up with her friends and they  have a proper lunch, so no point in me cooking a dinner.   Followed the butty with a very sticky Hot Cross bun,  lovely.  Also watched Come Dine With me... it is essential viewing.   Just joined a CDWM page on FB!   It is of course all down to Dave Lamb, his sarcastic comments make the show.   I do wonder about the contestants,   most serve the their food on cold plates (heat them up for chrissakes), and take ages over it,  especially the guys...   think it was last week they were still eating at around 2 in the morning!   What!  Tho my BiL is like that, he has no sense of time,  he is a good cook, but just can't get the timings right,  so you end up waiting bloody hours for the meal to appear. 

Oh did watch QVC today,  Dawn was back,  JJ is still in South Africa sorting out a passport problem!  Not  lot that I liked,   Dawn still a bit below par, which is to be expected considering what she and JJ have been thru, hope things pick up for them.  There is a TSV tonight at midnight, craft one,   and some shows tomorrow, will try to catch some of them, but got shopping and need to get rid of my stuff at cash converters, and get up to pay deposit on reiki course!   All in one day... I'll be knackered. 

No comments:

Visitors