Friday 19 February 2010

Not again

Now facing my fourth knee operation within the space of 17 months...   this one is to decide what the fifth will be, a full knee replacement or a patella replacement.  Problem is that surgeon confirmed that in a few years time I would have needed a total knee replacement, my knees are shot...    So more surgery...  more pain...    will it ever end?

Tho was alarmed when I first got to the clinic yesterday, they had a sign up saying the clinic was running one and a quarter hours late!   My appointment was for 5pm,  so I had visions of being stuck there all evening.  Luckily things were actually running on time,  even so I still had to have more x rays, so that held me up.  Got home at 6.30pm, which wasn't bad.   Managed to catch all the lights on green on way home. I hate the drive to and from the hospital, it is really horrible route,  all stop and start.   The worse bit is always at the racecourse,  it always seems to be congested. 

Not done any crafting for ages, or it feels like it, not really been in the mood.   Got all the cards I need,   ooh, hang on, need a new house card for niece, she moves into her new abode next week.  May attempt some scrapbooking this weekend,  if I can stop messing with my virtual pets on FB,  it is silly, but you begin to feel responsible!    Tho now I know why I resisted FB for so long...   !

Watched a bit of C&C this morning, saw their rather OTT TSV,  who'd want that much stuff?    It was so big it dwarfed Leonie, who is coming on leaps and bounds as a presenter.  Find C&C a bit hit and miss, some stuff I like,  and others are of no interest, but they do have plenty of variety.   QVC is just all the same thing,  tho guess C&C do have a craft channel, so they can cover a broader spectrum. Even so, QVC make a lot of money out of us crafters, so why not more slots and more variety?   And more presenters, doesn't all have to be lumped onto Dawn. 

Still cold here,  due for some snow this weekend!    Guess winter is going to drag on for a few more weeks yet,  lets just hope that this means we get a glorious summer.  Well we need something to look forward to.  At least we are having 'winter', rather than mild weather, or rainy days.   Just would like a proper summer,  one that runs all the way from May to end of September. 

No comments:

Visitors