Saturday 13 February 2010

Strange old week

Felt like I ran out of steam by Friday... not sure why,  felt that I was doing fine,  then hit a brick wall.   Did take stuff to Cash Converters, sadly they didn't want the scanner or digital drawing tablet... rats!   But got some dosh for the cameras.  Offloaded the other stuff at a charity shop, who were happy to take it.  

Paid my deposit for my reiki course,  which is at end of month.  Noticed that they have other stuff going on,  hope to to a psychic attunement night this week, depends on my appointment at hospital.  Last time the docs were all delayed by an emergency, so hoping it all goes smoothly this week.   Then I can be in and out, get home, grab a bite to eat and get to the evening class.  

Yesterday was the funeral, Ivy's funeral.  It was held at St Lukes,  this is the pic of the church.  Quite a small church, but it was packed with all her friends and family.   I know she is at peace, she had suffered a devastating stroke,  and since she was so active, loved to be out and about, and hated being stuck in doors,  it was also a relief.    Nevertheless a sad occasion,  as they always are, tho some are sadder than most,   terrible grammar!    Ivy saw her glass as being half full,  she never ceased to enjoy life,   she always wanted more. Like most of her generation she had a basic education, but she was rich in so many ways,  in her compassion for others,  her humour, her love for her family.   She grabbed hold of her life and was determined to make the best of it, she never complained or moaned.  

It was a strange day after that, think that was when I hit the brick wall,  spent the whole week being there for mum, suddenly it was time to be there for me and I didn't have the energy.   Also my knee is not having a good weekend,  been very painful, that always brings me down.  Was going to go out today, but knee was protesting too much.   So went and tended to my fish and animals on facebook!   I find it hilarious that I now have an aquarium of virtual fish, and two virtual kittens (the latter are too spookily like the real thing! Exasperating, as all cats are).    Was trying to get into farmville, but just not my thing, better with the fish and cats.

No crafting this week,  well except for making  a birthday card, that was it.  Wasn't in the mood.  Got stuff to do, well to scrap.   And must do more stuff for my scrap book blog!

Have a good weekend all.

2 comments:

Cazzy said...

You and me too Cass, I had to sleep and sleep, and now feel a bit better but not a lot. Can't get myself motivated at all at the moment.
Sorry about Ivy but as you said she would hate to be an invalid.
As for Facebook I have a farm and it gave up working properly for months and now suddenly it started working again, though a bit on and off. I have little expectations for tomorrow. Gave up on fish but haven't tried kittens.
Cazzy x

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Visitors