Sunday 7 February 2010

RIP my good friend

Got the news this morning that Ivy had passed away in the early hours...    not news you ever wish to hear.  And then I had to tell mum,  not that I had to,  like me she had guessed the content of the call.   I stayed with her for a short while, but she wanted to be left alone to do her crying.  

Ivy was a feisty 87 year old woman,  who loved life and who enjoyed being out and about.   I think there are few who don't know her,  her life had been long and hard,  but also rich in what she brought to the lives she touched.   A woman with a sharp and dry sense of humour,  a wisp of a woman who was in danger of being blown away by any sharp gust of wind.   Anyone who met Ivy fell for her charm, her irresistible and infectious character.  She is now at peace...

Yet what makes my blood boil today is when I hear people claiming that John Terry should not have been sacked as Captain of England,   it is time we stood up to these celebrities and let them know that regardless of how much money they have, they cannot continue to get away with things.    It is time they realised they are culpable for their actions,  and time that Terry said sorry, to the public and his wife, along with a promise to be a better person.  As for those MP's who are trying to squirm their way out of facing up to their fraud,  have the guts to stand up and be counted, and to admit that you were caught red handed.   And no MP should receive a golden goodbye,  the ordinary employee doesn't, so why should they?  

I hope you all had a good weekend....

No comments:

Visitors