Sunday 30 May 2010

Hope that wasn't summer!

It has been distinctly chilly here for last few days,  the sun is back after a brief holiday,  but not what you would call warm.   Just hope the weather improves over June, especially mid June as I'm away then.

Was all ready to go out on Friday and then just checked to see who was playing at the French Open, it was Murray, so I made a cuppa and watched the tennis!    He won, tho he did drop a set,  but he came thru in the end which is the important thing.     Well I had been busy,  been shopping, tidied up flat, put up summer curtains...   so think I deserved a rest. Things will be worse in a few weeks, when Wimbledon starts, then I'll be glued to box.   But am a bit miffed over the BBC's use of the red button,  surely it is for stuff that is not able to be broadcast on the usual channels... so why did they devote an hour of the F1 practice on the red button, not allowing the French Open to be shown!   They can't show the French Open on 1 or 2,  they have a restricted contract, but F1 can be shown on any channel...  is it time for the Beeb to get a sports channel?  It used to be like this many moons ago when they only broadcast Wimbers on BBC1, then would interrupt for the bloody cricket... grrrrrrr.   To me cricket is like watching paint dry.... boring.  

Saturday - total washout.  Miserable, grey, rainy and cold.   Very unamused, it is supposed to be summer!  So began crystal therapy course, well would have done if printer hadn't played up,  it ran out of ink, replaced cartridge but then it wouldn't print properly....  had to clean it twice before it would do its job properly.   So have course printed out,   will work my way thru module one over the next couple of days and send off my essay for marking.    Also found a basic aromatherapy course,  just what I wanted, on ebay of all places.  I only want to know how to mix the oils etc,  so that course will suffice for now.    My colleagues are work are very impressed,  I thought they would think I'd lost my marbles,  amazing how many people are into alternative treatments.    To me the key word is complementary,  that is what alternative medicine/therapies are, there to complement other treatments. 

Got to make some cards this week,  been invited to a charity coffee morning,  so will take a few cards with me so they can sell them. Did the same thing last year and they sold out within an hour!  I was gobsmacked.  Got a few kits I can use up,  may even attempt a few boxes... then again!   Boxes are one offs really.  Got to get me act together, come on girl, find your get up and go...

Sunday:  well gave myself a good talking to last night, and managed to find my enthusiasm.   I managed to make six cards this afternoon,   felt very pleased with myself.   Made another kinetic card,  but botched one!  Just keeping most of them simple, not got time for any fancy work anyway.

Weather is a bit better today,  not much, but at least we had sunshine, but a cold wind.   Wasn't intending to put my nose over the door, but discovered we had no milk!  Mum had forgotten to tell me...  so had to go over to corner shop.   There wasn't a soul about,  a contrast to last weekend, when everyone had windows and doors open, kids were out playing. 

Was watching the tennis, but it has just been rained off, pity as Murray had just woken himself up.  Not sure if they'll get back on tonight. Isn't it nice to know that it isn't just Wimbledon that gets rained off! 

Well all for now,  hope you're having a good bank holiday weekend where ever you may be.

No comments:

Visitors