Sunday 16 May 2010

Sunny day number 2

Can this last?    Could we possibly be in for a sunny and summery week?    Just a few degrees warmer would be nice,  just enough to tempt me to tidy up what passes for our garden.    Did think about it today, but a chill wind was blowing, so stuff that and I headed back indoors.  Knee is also a bit iffy,   have  to reconstruct a planter,  it needs two new sides,  so it has to be emptied,  then have new bits added and old bits removed.    Then it needs to be filled, along with 3 other empty planters. 

My mum attempted to make me feel guilty for not being bothered about delivering some cards to nephew,  well since he has not been bothered to visit his own grandmother to deliver her birthday card,  then why should I make any effort?  And it is an effort to get in car and drive,   since I didn't feel charitable the cards remained on table.  Tough, he'll get them when I feel like delivering them, he is only round the corner, which makes it all the more galling that he can't be bothered to come see his only surviving grandparent. 

Had a nice play with my pro markers today, stamped a few images and did some colouring in. Finally got the hang of the blending,  was now using card, not paper,  pro markers ain't good on paper.   Did a Forever Friends image,  that worked well,  as did the others.   Just love using them,  they give such a professional finish.   Was watching Joanna Sheen use hers on CnC,  she was using watercolour card,  I just used bog standard card stock  - and got good results.   Made a kinetic card,  my first,  using one from a kit as a template,   and it worked.   So chuffed that it did, well okay I did mess up the folding, but got there in the end. 

Still muchly amused by Lib Dems and their angst over the coalition,  they ain't happy,   it will all end in tears.  If I am honest then it should be a coalition of all three parties, let us take the best from each,   but that is never going to happen.  

Oh well, got fingers crossed for a warm day tomorrow so I can fix that planter and get plants in it.   Hope you all had a lovely weekend.

No comments:

Visitors