Thursday 20 May 2010

It is bootiful

The weather that is.  Yes has been glorious, and so nice of the Met office to get our forecast completely wrong...    Been blue sky and sunshine here,  not a bit of sea mist in sight. 

Had rude awakening,  well actually had rude going to bed,  as we have a new neighbour who has forgotten that she is in a flat and has neighbours either side,  so she was yelling last night,  to who I have no idea.  Then at 8 a.m. the music started....   grrrrrr.   She is either very hard of hearing or just plain inconsiderate.  Haven't seen her yet, but methinks she and I will be having a conversation before long about the noise she is making.    We have always had considerate neighbours,  as we have been,  knowing that the walls aren't that thick so keeping noise to the minimum.   But this young lady thinks she can crash around her flat as she pleases.   Hoping that her odd ball downstair neighbour will put her off, he's actually okay,  harmless, but has many problems. 

But had a productive day,  got washing out to dry,   took stuff to recycling centre,  did try to get some more bedding plants for empty pot,  but wasn't impressed with garden centre I went to. It is now under new management, and has put prices up!    Can see I'll end up back at Homebase or B&Q.   Other plants are settling in nicely,   rest of garden is blooming,  soon the bees will be happily buzzing around. 

Then had to go for post op follow up.   As I thought it wasn't good news, tho my surgeon does do his best to disguise bad news.  The camera they shoved inside it confirmed that my knee is severely arthritic,  more so than had showed up on x-ray,   to the point where it is well past its best.    I always sensed that I'd need knee surgery at some point,  always had problems with my knees, as did my dad.    But accident has just accelerated the inevitable,   a total knee replacement is needed.   My GP has tried to warn me against it,  but as nice as he is,  he hasn't got my pain.   I know it is a more complex op than a hip replacement, but at the moment I am struggling to get around, using a crutch and am in a lot of pain, so what do I have to lose? 

At least the stitches were taken out, that was a relief,  it now feels a bit easier.  Surgeon was also surprised at how swollen it was... hey, he should have seen it last week.  

Was annoyed tho with my mum,  I'd bought some chicken yesterday,  and she said she'd put some in freezer,  I said to leave some in fridge for today's dinner.  I'd got one of those homepride sauces,  well my hospital appointment wasn't till 4.40 pm,  so figured I could make the dish and then mum could just boil the rice.  So what does she do?  Sticks all of the chicken in the freezer!    I shouldn't have been so annoyed, but she likes to feel involved, so I leave her stuff to do,  sadly she is stuffing it up most of the time. 

Just wondering how to tell family that I am off on my hols in a few weeks.   Last year I tried the nice route, asking them if they could look after mum on certain dates,  and I ended up with the short straw.  So this year i decided to just book the holiday,  I can get the carer's centre to ensure mum is okay, so there is a back up plan,  I ain't that cruel.   But just feel that the family should be living up to their obligations, and the promises they made.

Need a cuppa...   hope the sun is shining where you are.

No comments:

Visitors