Sunday 2 May 2010

The weekend

And a Bank Holiday,  so weather is umpty,  cold and rather wet, well it is here!

I popped up to the Well Barn, where I got a very warm reception from Poppy,  the Jack Russell,  who almost landed in my lap as I opened my car door?  How do they do that?   How do animals distinguish car engine noises?     But it was nice to be greeted so warmly.

I'd spent the morning catching up with a friend at my old place of work,  felt very glad NOT to be employed there anymore... well 3 weeks to go.   I saw the same old faces,  all hovering over the public computers,  and trust me, you really don't want to know what some of them are viewing.   I was quite happy to be a visitor.

And it is now Sunday,  a confused day weather wise,  part sunny, but also chilly.   Had to get out of abode to avoid two people,  so took myself off for an hour.   Took myself off to do a spot of shopping,  food stuff mostly,  at the old supermarket I used to frequent before they built one locally.   Amazing tho isn't it, how the same firm can be so different?     Did have a minor attack of supermarket road rage, woman in front of me kept on stopping every few yards,  I know not why as there were no parking spaces!    Then she turned into next row and slammed on, but had overshot space, I left her plenty of room to reverse, but she then moaned at me, so I stayed put, and then showed her how to reverse park.   Oh and she was just as dangerous with a shopping  trolley.

Spent the afternoon messing with cardmaking,  I've decided to ditch my peel off marker pens, for permanent marker pens. I had picked up a cheap pack in the week, and tried them out, the black was far better than the peel off black pen....  a true black. I wanted to make more cards with the gilding flakes, but like the black peel offs.  Also had a play with my pro markers,  now starting to get the hang of them, was using them on some shrink plastic,  the flesh tones are fab.  Card I was making is almost finished, will take a pic tomorrow.  Also need to experiment with making my own peel offs, got a kit...   will be having a bash tomorrow. 

Oops, almost forgot the pic:  made for a swap card challenge,  theme was outer space,  so chose the Pegasus constellation,  made an easel card,  the lettering came via my Slice, my new bestest friend... it does what it says it will do, it cuts without any argument or sulking, unlike my robo!  

All in all not a bad weekend,  weather was okayish,  met up with some nice people and avoided those I wish to avoid :-)) 

Hope you all had a good weekend.

No comments:

Visitors