Sunday 19 June 2011

Crafting on a Sunday afternoon...

 Yesterday I came up with the idea of making a mini book,  I'd bought a chipboard book a while ago but it had just been gathering dust.  I wanted to make the book personal to me,   wasn't sure if it should be about my spiritual growth, the family stuff, in the end I settled for an Inspiration book.

I've used photos and quotes that I've found inspiring or motivational.  I've printed the photos onto canvas paper,  which has given them a warmer feel.  For the front page I chose a picture of the last eclipse,  not taken by me (Andy Logan),  and used the quote 'Are Comes from the Heart',    I covered the front with light black card,  coredinations card,  which had a pink alternative side.  Used the other side to give contrast on the film strip edges. 

This is the first page,  using black as the base, I stamped a dotty background,  used a border punch on some gold card, printed a small photo of a waterfall, then used a Tim Holtz stamp,  bits at side are the leftovers from the border punch,  also used a TH embellishment, I like this discs,  thought about recolouring it but felt it worked fine as it was.   Just about remembered that the page has holes already punched!   It nearly slipped my memory.   Just used the Kodak software to print the photos, it allows you to go down to a fairly small size and gives you the option of printing them like a contact sheet.

This will be page number 3,  backing card is papermania capsule collection,  used the plain side and used a sepia archival ink pad on the edges.  I stamped the image of a heart, again using sepia ink pad,  and then stamped the quote on to a small piece of canvas, used a pinflair peel off round the edge, recoloured the metal butterfly and flower with promarkers,  also did same with ric rac.  This is my favourite page so far,  the colours are warm and liked the stamps.  They are from Creative Expression,  Vintage Hearts,  and are unmounted stamps.    It had a nice selection of different hearts, keys, backgrounds and quotes.   I've also ordered a set of stamps from Ebay of owls, as I keep seeing them so figure they must mean something.    All in all an enjoyable afternoon. 

I also did some sorting out,  got a set of 5 A4 storage boxes,  so my stamps are now all in one place, as are my inkpads,  gems and embossing powders.   Hopefully that will stop me losing stuff,  or rather wondering where I put it! 

Will be carrying on with book for rest of week,  while watching the tennis.   Yes there will be tennis,  Wimbled on has a roof!








No comments:

Visitors