Saturday 25 June 2011

Stayathome Saturday

Another gloomy start to the day,  wall to wall cloud. Faced with that I decided to stay at home,  had been hoping for a sunny morning so I could enjoy a walk.  Fat chance of that! 

So just after lunch I decided to rework two of my inspiration book pages  wasn't happy with the lettering on the Be Free page,  so ripped it all off and started over!   This time I used the scroll stamp along the side and top,   kept the lettering the same,  did a much better stamp of the little bird and put the metal tag at the bottom, and the quote at the top,  much better result. 

Next I turned my attention to the front cover,  the original was like a film strip, but it didn't suit what I was doing.  I didn't want it too fussy or cluttered,  just used black card,  pin flair peel off, some ribbons, the photo and some lettering,  which I recoloured.  Think that now looks tons better,  also trimmed the photo a little and rounded the corners. 

So having ripped apart the front cover it meant I had to redo the back of the cover.  Wasn't entirely happy with first effort anyway,  I was really just getting into my stride with the book and how I wanted it to look.


This is very different from first effort, used a different picture,  a gorgeous sunset, pic was taken by a friend on her holidays.  Used the Slice to cut out some flourishes, then altered them slightly,  and cut a tag and stamped on it,  just used a dotty background stamp round the edges.   Much better. 

So just got one page left,  though I did buy another mini book yesterday!  So maybe a second volume? 

Last night was a bit draining, watching Mr Murray,  a bit stop/start at time,  sheer brilliance and real dunce stuff all mixed together.  The guy he was playing is a very good player and a fighter, so it was never going to be easy. 


Well after a gloomy day we now have a lovely evening,  not even a fluffy white cloud to be seen!   And one more week of tennis...  

Have a lovely weekend,  thanks for stopping by

No comments:

Visitors