Wednesday 22 June 2011

New Balls please

Yes my favourite two weeks of the year,  Wimbledon!   I had a busy morning, got all housework/washing etc out of the way and then settled down for the tennis fest at noon...  

But I did make two more pages for my Inspiration book.  I decided to use one of the Reiki symbols, Choku Rei, the power and protection symbol.  I just found an image on Google and printed it out onto the canvas paper,  inked the edges,   used a TH stamp,  and a lovely sentiment, recoloured the flowers with pro markers and that was that.



For the next page I chose  yellow piece of light card,  then I used some peg stamps with a versamark pad, so as to do a resist technique,  using a paper mania ink pad I blended in some ink,  using 3 of TH stamps, the car, birds and bitty pattern,  I worked round a circle with a quote in it.  The resist technique hasn't shown up well in the photograph, but it is there.

That was yesterday, and suddenly it was Wednesday!   Had a yucky day yesterday,  had picked up a bug of some sort,  decided that rest may be the best way to go, any exertion resulted in me dripping in with perspiration.   So a rain day at Wimbledon...   but there was tennis cos they have the roof.  Watched some of the first match, then postie came, and he brought my new stamps!   Well time to go crafting.

It was back to inspiration book,  I'm loving this at the moment,  it is made for just me, I'm not attempting to please anyone just myself.   I started this page and trust me, it was totally different than this.  I didn't like what I'd done, it just didn't work,  so took everything off and started again.  While looking for some mirri card I came across the glittered acetate,  then was searching for stuff and found the flowers and butterflies... so slowly a page came together.   Much happier with this than with first effort,  the quote came from an old QVC kit, bought  a few years ago now.  I inked up some parchment paper and then stuck on the quote. 

Then it was time to move on to my new stamps...


Which were a set of owl stamps, got them of ebay from a lovely seller.  The set had 4 stamps,  two owl images and a leaf,  I stamped the owl on to white card, then cut round it, then inked it,  next I used the leaf stamp to make a border, then added to it with some peg stamps, and used the TH bird stamp, and a sentiment stamp I bought ages ago.  I added the lettering courtesy of the Slice!   I just love the owl stamp, it is so detailed and works well with the sepia stamp pad.   I had to add an owl as I keep seeing them,  saw one on my way home from my drumming class a couple of weeks ago, it flew right in front of my car, it was such a breathtaking sight.

The tennis is also going well,  Murray is making steady progress,  and Laura Robson also got through, sadly Heather Watson injured her elbow, she was doing so well in her match before the injury,  certainly one to watch.   The Japanese player was unlucky to lose to Venus, there wasn't much in it.   More tennis tomorrow and more pages of my book, going to be sad to come to the end of it!

2 comments:

Cazzy said...

You have got all philosophical Cass, it seems to be doing you good.

Enjoy the tennis.

Cazzy x

CraftygasheadZo said...

These look fab, great ideas. Thanks for pooping my blog too. Zo x

Visitors