Sunday 26 June 2011

Melting point

Ugh, the sort of weather I am not keen on, very muggy,  we had a thunderstorm earlier but hasn't made any difference to the humidity or temperature.  It seems to have got worse since the menopause,  my intolerance to muggy weather. 

So felt that it was better to keep movement to a minimum today,  and decided to put together the last few pages of my inspiration book.  I found some nice quotes and printed them out onto some super smooth white card,   which I picked up for a bargain price at the craft fair.   I kept to the autumnal colours,  did some inking on this page,  rusty red I think,  added a nice butterfly,  used my flourish stamps, then added the fairies.  Rather pleased with that.   Next up was the inside of the back cover. 

I was going to use a border punch strip,  but once I'd made it I didn't like it, but I used the left over bits instead!   Again I printed out the quote,   cut a circle, inked it,  cut a larger circle from some glittered acetate,   made use of a stamped sentiment,   stuck glossy ribbon down edge and that was it, oh and the Angel.  She was originally silver, but I used a tan pro marker to recolour her - I had to have an Angel in the book somewhere!

Just got to take pic of back cover and that will be that.  I said I'd got another mini book kit, but have decided to make an inspiration book for a friend, well for two friends, so I will have to get another kit but they are only 2.99.   I've really enjoyed making this book,  really boosted me.   I love any form of scrapbooking,  it gives me the freedom to create what I want,  I still make cards and enjoy it, but I am not going to sit here any more and turn them out like a production line. 

Did watch the Bibster's first solo effort on CnC, she's fitting in nicely,  and has time to craft!   I do hope she is allowed to show all of her skills,  we never saw her able to do proper crafting on QVC,  at least CnC knows that we crafters want to see stuff being made, and we are still happy to keep buying.  I felt she was much more relaxed and happier, so well done Dawn. 

I hope that you are managing to stay cool wherever you are right now.... I am still melting!

No comments:

Visitors