Tuesday 7 June 2011

Hot, cold, hot, cold... damp, dry....

What sort of summer is this?   Oh yeah, a British summer!   Well the weekend was half nice,  glorious on Saturday, bit of a damp squib on Sunday.  As was the tennis,  the Fed was injured...   disappointing.  He'd got off to such a great start as well.  Oh Wimbledon is on the horizon. 

Before the tennis I tuned in to watch Barbara Grey on CnC,  I do love watching what she does, she is so creative.   But to my joy she showed how to make a Jacob's ladder card, I'd seen them, seen the instructions and not managed to make one.  So was watching carefully,   and here is the result!   Needed a birthday card so it seemed like a good idea,  bit more involved than I thought, and I would have taken a bit longer over it, and would have coloured the stamped images,  but it wasn't bad for a first go.  This is the outside, well I think it is!    Was just about to print off a sentiment when I remembered I had a nice stamp,    just punched the white card top and bottom.



This is the 'first' side, so to speak,  made good use of my shopaholic stamps, and my peel offs!   I did experiment with colouring the images but the promarkers were coming through,  with a bit more time I'd have matted the stamped images, far too fiddly to cut out!   Used some pin flair flexi peel offs,  really like them as they just finished things off. 

Just got my nephew's wedding photos, so I may make one for him and his new wife.  Always chuffed when new stuff turns out okay.  Was the same with my first exploding box!  Used a kit at first, then used that as a template to make a second,  now they are just so easy that I can't believe I thought they were so complicated.


Had my drumming class last night,  really enjoyed myself,  the group has a nice relaxed feel to it.  We had some one new join a few weeks ago, she seemed to be the missing piece of our jigsaw, she's really nice and very useful as she is an expert gardener, so I think everyone is making use of her expertise.   We went through all the routines we've been learning,  never thought I'd remember any of them, but to my surprise I did,  some were easier to recall than others,  but only need a few prompts.   The time flew by,  couldn't believe how light it still was when we left, and a waxing moon,  so lovely to see it. 

Well thanks for stopping by, your company is always appreciated.

No comments:

Visitors