Thursday 30 June 2011

Not long now

:-(  Only 3 days left of Wimbledon!  Then what do I do?   Tomorrow is the mens semi finals...   will have all fingers and toes crossed for Murray. 

In meantime, back at the craft table I have finished my inspiration book, here is the final page.   Went for black cardstock,  then stamped with a flourish, using gold ink pad,   cut out oval and stuck on sentiment/quote, again used same flourish with a reddish ink pad,  more rust than red methinks.   But it is now done... !    It is the first mini book I've made,  well except for one I sort of put together, but that was with the help of a few friends.   This time it was all me.   Stuff like this is a measure of how far we've come on our crafting journey,  or so I think.  This is something that would not even have been on my radar when I first started crafting,  I wouldn't have known what a mini book was or had the confidence to tackle one.   My first scrapbook was 8 x8 and I avoided using it for nearly 2 years,  preferring to use the 12x12 album instead.  I felt afraid of the smaller albums and unsure how to use the space.  If I do make one then I reduce the size of the photos,  tho this had very few,  just some very small photos.   But it did force me to use my creativity,  and employ a few techniques.  

It kind of went well with the tennis also,  not too complex so as to totally distract me from the tennis match, but enough so I could ignore the tense moments of the match!   I am a failure as a couch potato,  I can't just sit and watch the box, I have to be doing something else at the same time.

Weather is also on the up.  I chanced washing my car on Tuesday, feeling sure that would bring on the rain... but nope,  it has remained dry.  The Beeb forecasters keep saying to expect rain, but Fred says that it will remain dry,  so far Fred has been proved right.   Oh also vacuumed car!     Amazing,  well it does entail several extensions linked together to make it to car from flat...    so Little Mo is now tickety boo, all happy and shiny.   I'd check the oil and stuff if I could open the bonnet,   no I am not useless I do know how to do this stuff, but it is a new car and has and odd opening mechanism,  and since I am no longer able to kneel down it means it is very hard to open the bonnet!    Going to get friend to take me through it. 

Had my Tai Chi session today,   finally getting to grips with the warm up,  so feel like I am making progress.  It is so calming, I can recommend it to anyone who wants to reduce their stress.  

Well time for a cup of tea...    talk to you all over the weekend.

No comments:

Visitors