Wednesday 6 July 2011

From sizzling to soggy...

Ain't it great, our British Summer, no sooner have we chucked away the raincoats and stored the brolly and what happens?  Yep,  it disappears and is replaced by grey and very leaky skies.  Oh well... 

Well Murray lost but Djokovic won,  so I was happy, two brand new Wimbledon champions, can't remember the last time that happened.  It's all over for another year :-( 

Not been doing a great deal of crafting this week,  I have started a new mini book.   Must remember to take it into craft shop,  cos when I was buying the chipboard album the assistant said that they didn't sell many.   I wondered if it was cos no-one knew what to do with them.   Think they need a mini book workshop, happy to do it in exchange for supplies ;-)


This will be a for a friend,  I've picked out lots of lovely quotes to go in it,  and got a new set of stamps, a set of trees, well she likes her trees.   I also want it to be rustic.    I may get going on the first page tomorrow,  just been busy all week getting flat ready for my two friends who will be coming to stay, and organising mum who is going away for 10 days.   It is tiring having to think for two people,  mum is only making the minimum effort these days,   it is also hard to get her interested in anything.  If I try I risk getting my head bitten off,  then she'll reel off all the things she has decided she can't do, which is just about everything. 

Today I blitzed the flat,  over the last few weeks I've been tidying up places like the airing cupboard, food cupboards, sorted out the fridge yesterday,  gave it a good clean,  only one dubious looking jar of pasta sauce needed to be ditched.   Still building up to tackling the cloak room, have to get mum to agree to part company with a few of her 18 jackets and coats!   She wears just two,  when I told her how many she had she was surprised, but when I suggested that she could give some away she refused!  It is the same with her shoes,  she can't wear any of her old shoes,  but she just won't agree to give them away. 

Next week there will be no crafting at all,  will have to store my stash in cloakroom, at least now I just about know were everything is.  Getting those storage boxes was a very good idea,  but will copy the lady off CnC and will put the silicon stamps into empty CD cases,  rather than just keeping them on the acetate sheet.   I also made some space in my craft tool box for more of my tools, now the heat gun will go in it,  must really give it a good sort out, not sure what is lurking at the bottom! 

All for now folks, thanks for stopping by...

No comments:

Visitors