Friday 17 January 2014

And its Friday

 Well I have a nicely scented airing cupboard.  I put my aromatherapy pillow in there for safe keeping.

This was my 'stayathome' day,  I wanted to catch up on a few jobs and finish the small mandala. My insomnia reared its ugly head last night,  and there was no lie in as I woke up at 7.30 a.m. feeling anxious.  So by 8.30 I was washed and dressed, and hoping it would stay cloudy so I could wash the windows and nets.   I enjoyed an episode of MASH when I had my coffee break. 

After lunch I settled down to paint.  I am on the very last bit of yellow paint,  just squeezed out enough to finish the mandala.   I'm happy with the finished result,  I'll hang it up tomorrow. 

Also tidied up the front garden,  it was full of rubbish, why do people drop litter?   It was drummed into me by my mum NOT to ever drop litter.  These days no-one seems to care.  I am always disgusted when they show the aftermath of some public celebration,  it doesn't seem to occur to anyone to actually take their litter with them.  They also seem content to stand in what amounts to a litter dump for several hours.  It's the same down on the beach,  there are plastic bottles everywhere, bags and nappies.  Of course the very same people that drop the litter expect it to be all cleaned up.  Best get off the soap box.

I will go out tomorrow, don't like to stay in two days on the run.  And must decided on a project,  there are several to choose from, a box, scrap tin, or frame?    I need a change from the glass painting. Not sure whether to go to the craft shop, I think a little treat is in order.  Been trying to track down Get Stamping, but so far no luck :-(    Damn and blast, I really liked the magazine.

Now I think a glass of wine is in order, sun is well over the yard arm,  yes stuff Dry January!   Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely weekend.

No comments:

Visitors