Saturday 5 June 2010

All smilels...

Yep, took my cards up to the charity coffee morning,  all 60 of them, and they all sold :-))    I'd made twice what I did last year,  so was doubly chuffed that they all went.   They sold them for a £1 each.   Yep we all know that hand made cards should sell for more, but the fact is they don't,  too many of us crafters out there making the things, plus the cheap cards in shops. 

I saw something last week on CnC that intrigued me,  jewelry making, but a bit different, using a silver clay.  Still musing over whether to have a go or not.   Got a few ideas for new age stuff. 

Rest of the day was lazyish,  did some gardening,  a few bushes all needed a hair cut,  and the pots needed some deweeding, and a general tidy up, so did that,  pruned something,  well it has red flowers...   but it was getting out of control.    Noticed that the bees seem to like purple plants,  a couple were happily collecting pollen from one purple plant.  All the roses are now blooming,  mum thought last year I'd probably killed the lot cos I pruned them so hard, but they all came back, and are much better for the hard pruning.  All seem healthier too,   not as many dead leaves.   So with all that done I settled down to watch the French Open final, it was a refreshing change to have two new faces in the final and not just the usual culprits, plus these two gave us a thrilling final, so many in past years have been very one sided. 

Still warm here, but the sun seems to be taking a break,  gone a bit cloudy. Thought yesterday we'd have a thunderstorm as it went so black, but after a  few splashes of rain, the sun returned.    Prefer the temp to be just under 25C, I can cope with that,  up above that is not so good.   Seems to set off the hot flushes, so they end up merging into one,  and me just dripping.  Not a good look.   Luckily we do usually get a sea breeze which just takes the edge off the heat. 

Got some new shoes yesterday,    a type of Fair Trade shoe,   suede but very soft leather,  and soooo comfy,  just perfick for summer.   Also got a pair of shorts,  not sure if I shall wear them out in public,  right knee is now a mess of scar tissue.    The shorts are soft linen and very comfy,  and show up my white legs!  Well they never get to see daylight, have got some of that tanning stuff, so may dollop some on my legs.   I don't do 'tanning',  too much of a faff,  and who can be bothered to lie in the sun?   I don't go brown anyway, got vilitigo,  not as bad as some get it as I am quite pale, but if I attempt to tan then the white patches come into view.    My sister tho is addicted to having a tan,  and has er, suffered for it, her skin is not looking as good as it used to,  but she has always tanned easily, a bit like our mum, but mum also developed vilitigo and so had to give up sunbathing,  so her skin never got that leathery look. 

Just got a bit more holiday shopping to do,  the important stuff like toothpaste, shower gel etc.  And need to make a list!    And must remember to get ear plugs!   I am sharing a room with a snoring person... lovely tho she is, she does snore for England.

Oh well, wonder if we'll get the thunderstorm tomorrow?  

No comments:

Visitors