Monday 7 June 2010

The weekend

Well my weekend got off to a good start with sale of my cards,  enjoyed the Women's final at the French, best woman won,  tho I did think the Aussie would triumph.   Sadly Soderling capitulated yesterday and Nadal strolled off with the title,  though the Swede would have put up more of a fight. 

I was also crafting yesterday, making stuff for the next charity coffee morning.   So made a pathetic start with four cards!  Well one was a birthday card for a friend, and it was a kinetic card,  the rest I stuck to the simple stuff, well save for one.  Now got to make a thankyou card.  Also played a bit more with the pro markers,  got this gorgeous stamp set the other week, and couldn't wait to use the pro markers,  not a bad first effort, well I thought.  Still not sure which type of stamp pad to use with them.   I love that you can get the shading right, and use the blender to make things more subtle.   Trouble is that you always want more of them.

Now I've just gone and bought a silver clay kit,  saw it being demoed on CnC a couple of weeks ago and was very intrigued, but the price was a bit too rich for me, even with the flexi pay offer.  Just found a similar kit for half the price on Amazon,  not often that you find something cheaper elsewhere than QVC or CnC, but this time I did.    Not sure how I'll do with it, but on CnC they were using a mould, think I know where I can get some moulding clay...   then got big ideas! 

Now getting stuck into my crystal therapy course,  high time, but I had to want to start it.  The first bit it the boring bit,  all theory,  it is now getting more interesting. 

All for now, off out tomorrow evening for a celebratory meal with my colleagues.

No comments:

Visitors