Saturday 12 June 2010

Come on England!

Decided to banish the blues,  and for once the weather also seemed determined to cheer me up,  blue sky and sunshine!   So first trip was to library,  mum is in reading mode, so that means keeping her supplied with lots of books.   It also gives me a chance to catch up with my old colleagues,   so had a nice natter and a lovely cuppa.     Found out that those at the dinner the other evening were all badly hungover the next day, a few went back to someone's house and continued partying!  Not a good idea when you have a ten hour shift the next day. 

Decided mum also needed a cheer up, so got her some nice flowers from M&S.  Then home,  bit of lunch, and back out, to Klara's crafts, needed to get some jewellry bits,   ended up having a healing session at the Well Barn, Elaine needed a guinea pig and volunteered me for her course...  anything to oblige.   So then had a lovely mooch round both shops,  if you are ever up in this neck of the woods, do go to Little Crosby and call in at the Well Barn and Klara's crafts, you'll get a warm welcome and they have lots of goodies.

I was keen to get home to finish off my angel keyring,  the stuff I ordered arrived today, so had more clay to play with :-))   When watching the videos on youtube,  I noticed they were using some sort of oil to keep everything moist, so not having the right stuff I used olive oil and it seemed to work fine!  Just smeared a tiny bit on the roller and table.   Just needed to make a disc,  this time I've got cutters,  so that made life much easier, also began to remember my old clay making skills,  using a few drops of water.   And here she is in all her glory!   I'm chuffed with it,  yes there are a few flaws, but i don't care, cos it is really my first proper effort.  I'm getting the hang of it now,   so I can see me making a lot more stuff.    The keyring needs a bit more buffing to get it fully polished.  But it is a proper keyring!

Now it is footie time...   

No comments:

Visitors